2016 Accreditation Institute
Whether your college is gathering evidence, writing the self- evaluation, or preparing for a site visit in spring, the Academic Senate for California Community College’s Accreditation Institute will provide guidance and support no matter where you are in the cycle of accreditation. Even colleges that finished a site visit in fall know that accreditation work never really ends. At its core, accreditation is the peer-evaluation process we use to improve the education we offer to individuals in our communities, and we have affirmed our commitment to the spirit of such processes throughout the years.
The Accreditation Institute will be held February 19-20, 2016.
If you would like to attend the Accreditation Institute, we will be doing registrations on-site at the Marriott Mission Valley.
Early Registration Deadline: January 27, 2016
Early Registration Fee (before January 27, 2016): $415
Late Registration Fee (after January 27, 2016): $465
One Day Presenter Registration: $80
Two Day Presenter Registration: $160
The cost includes breakfast and lunch on Friday, breakfast on Saturday, evening reception on Friday and materials.
Payment in full is required prior to attending the event. Attendees that registered before January 27th must pay before Janaury 27th in order to secure the early registration rate. Call our office at (916) 445-4753 with questions.
The cancellation deadline for a full refund is January 27, 2016 and will be assessed a $50 processing fee. Refunds will not be granted for cancellations after the posted cancellation deadline of January 27, 2016. Please keep in mind that registrations are transferable. Please review the Senate Cancellation Policy here.
Call Edie Martinelli, Event Planner at (916) 445-4753 x 102 with any payment questions.
The Marriott Mission Valley is a short ride away from the San Diego Airport.
Hotel Rates are $125+tax.
For free guest room wi-fi, you must be a Marriott Rewards Member and use your rewards number when making your reservation.
If you do not have Marriott Rewards, please click here to sign up for a complimentary membership.
Please use this Marriott Hotel Reservations Link to book your discounted ASCCC hotel room online. The discounted rates are good 3 days pre/post conference pending hotel availability.
You can make phone reservations at the following group reservations numbers:
Discounted parking will be offered at $8 a day.
If you have any questions, please contact Edie Martinelli, Event Planner at edie [at] asccc.org or 916-445-4753x102.
SEE FULL PROGRAM ATTACHED BELOW
Friday, February 19
9:00 a.m. Continental Breakfast and Check-In
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. General Session 1
“Looking Ahead: An Update on the Recommendations of the Accreditation Task Force”
David Morse, ASCCC President
With the release of the recommendations from the CCCCO Task Force on Accreditation, many in our college system are wondering what the future holds for accreditation. During this panel presentation, members of the task force will discuss the status of its recommendations and take your questions.
11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Breakout Session 1
- Accreditation 101
- The Infrastructure of Accreditation: The Department of Education and The Regional Accreditors
- Effective Practices in Accreditation: Standard I Mission, Academic Quality and Institutional Effectiveness, and Integrity
- Disaggregating Student Learning Outcomes Data: The Next SLO Frontier?
12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Lunch
Second General Session
Peer Review in Action: The Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative and the Benefits of Peer Consultation for Accreditation.
2:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Breakout Session 2
- How To Help Your Evaluation Team Help You: Peer Review and Your ACCJC External Visiting Team
- Designing Data Metrics in Program Review: What Are the Questions to Ask?
- Effective Practices in Accreditation: Standard II Student Learning Programs and Support Services
- The IEPI Framework: Integrated Planning And Disaggregating Data
3:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Breakout Session 3
- Regardless of Location or Means of Delivery: Meeting the Standards for Every Student
- The A to Z of DE: Accreditation and the Online Classroom
- Equity and Accreditation
- Effective Practices in Accreditation: Standard III Resources
5:30 p.m. ASCCC Foundation Reception
Saturday, February 20
8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. Breakout Session 4
- Data Visualization: Making Sense of the Numbers
- Student Learning Outcomes and Program Review: Student Learning Assessment as the Driver for Program Improvement
- Effective Practices in Accreditation: Standard IV Leadership and Governance
- The New Standards: Conversations and Reflections
10:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. General Session 3
The Quality Focus Essay
Bob Pacheco Dean of Institutional Planning, Research and Grants, Mira Costa College and Assessment Chair for the Research and Planning Group