Whereas, The Bylaws of the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges include procedures and criteria for conferring the status of senator emeritus on individuals;
Whereas, Kate Clark has satisfied those requirements as a retired faculty member of the California Community College System who has completed well more than the required five (5) years of significant service to the Academic Senate:
- Executive Committee member of the State Academic Senate from 2000 to 2005;
- Secretary, Vice President, and President of the Academic Senate;
- Chair of numerous Senate committees including Educational Policies, Curriculum, and Relations with Local Senates;
- Intersegmental leadership in groups such as Intersegmental Major Preparation Articulated Curriculum (IMPAC) and the Intersegmental Committee of Academic Senates;
- Colleague who by example personifies collegiality, dedication, and integrity at her college and statewide, while maintaining the occasional unique irreverence; and
Whereas, Kate Clark has contributed to countless papers and resolutions and provided wise counsel, founded on years of experience at Irvine Valley College, and has consistently demonstrated leadership with intelligence and unfailing grace and charm – even when briefly confined to the hospital;
Resolved, That the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges recognize Kate Clark’s extraordinary and distinguished service by awarding her the status of senator emeritus with all rights and privileges thereof; and
Resolved, That the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges convey to Kate Clark its heartfelt congratulations upon her retirement and wish her and her family every happiness in the years to come.
MSU Disposition: Local Senates
The Senate Office updated information to designate Kate as Senator Emerita with all the privileges granted to her including free fall and spring plenary registration and Rostrum publications.