The Senate Office updated information to designate Jane as Senator Emeritus with all the privileges granted to him including free fall and spring plenary registration and Rostrum publications.
Whereas, The Bylaws of the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges (ASCCC) include procedures and criteria for conferring the status of senator emeritus on individuals; and Jane Patton has satisfied those requirements as a retired faculty member of the California Community College System who has completed more than the required five years of significant service to the Academic Senate:
- ASCCC Executive Committee member of the State Academic Senate 2003-2011;
- Served as ASCCC Treasurer, Vice President, and President;
- Served as Area B Representative;
- Chair of numerous Senate committees including Curriculum, Educational Policies, Futures, Occupational Education, and Relations with Local Senates;
- Provided significant leadership in groups such as the Education Roundtable, the Intersegmental Committee of Academic Senates (ICAS), Consultation Council, Intersegmental Curriculum Workgroup, and System Advisory Committee on Curriculum;
- Provided significant leadership in facilitating the raising of community college degree standards and student success within the context of the higher standards;
Whereas, Jane Patton has been a colleague who by her example personifies collegiality, dedication, and integrity at her college and statewide, using wit, humor, and passion as tools to promote and argue for the CCC System; and
Whereas, Jane Patton brought a new standard of style and fashion to the Academic Senate Executive Committee in which pink was her signature color, reminded us of the many witticisms to be found in Alice in Wonderland, and regularly shared her appreciation for all things Disney;
Resolved, That the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges confer upon Jane Patton their highest honor of Senator Emeritus and thank her for her contributions to the faculty and students of California;
Resolved, That the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges encourage Jane to believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast and to remember that all the best people are bonkers;
Resolved, That the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges encourage Jane to continue her yearly quests to Telluride, frequent visits to France, and to spend as much time as possible at the happiest place on earth; and
Resolved, That the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges wish Jane, Roger, and Kadie much happiness in all their future endeavors.
Adopted by Acclamation.