In Spring 2015, the delegates to the plenary session adopted an organizational strategic plan for the ASCCC. Resolution 1.03 S15, stated
Whereas, Strategic planning is an important activity for any successful organization, as this activity provides clear direction and stability and ensures that the organization’s leadership is responsive to its members;
Whereas, The initial draft of the strategic plan for the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges (ASCCC) was created by the elected representatives of the Executive Committee with careful thought regarding the organization’s mission and purpose and thoughtful consideration of the Executive Committee members’ perceptions of the wishes of faculty statewide as well as attention to the future health and growth of the ASCCC; and
Whereas, The strategic plan for the ASCCC was presented in draft form for feedback at the Fall 2014 Plenary Session and was vetted electronically in Spring 2015, offering broad opportunity for local academic senate leadership to help to shape the plan;
Resolved, That the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges adopt the 2015-2018 ASCCC Strategic Plan.
This plan had the following goals:
1) Assert the faculty voice and leadership in local, state, and national policy conversations
2) Engage and empower diverse groups of faculty at all levels of state and local leadership
3) Lead faculty professional development for the California Community College System
4) Enhance engagement, communication, and partnerships with local senates and system partners, and other constituent groups
5) Secure resources to sustain and support the mission and the work of the ASCCC.
Please check out the ASCCC Implementation Plan for priorities (noted in blue), strategies, and activities. The Executive Committee has already made progress on many of its agreed-upon strategies to accomplish the organization’s strategic goals.
A comprehensive report on the ASCCC’s progress toward accomplishing all goals in the 2015-2018 strategic plan was be presented at the 2016 Fall Plenary Session. To view the Strategic Plan please click here.