Model Hiring Principles and Processes: Principles and practices compiled by faculty, administrators, and chief human resource officers. Resources are separated into pre-hiring, hiring, and post-hiring modules.
DEI Model Curriculum Principles and Practices: Developed by the California Community Colleges Curriculum Committee (5C), the document includes promising practices that can be used by faculty, deans, curriculum chairs and committees, Chief Instructional Officers (CIO)/Vice Presidents of Instruction, and local academic senates to begin conversations on how to redesign practices from working within a traditional Eurocentric model to working within an equity-minded framework.
ASCCC Cultural Humility Tool: Developed by ASCCC Equity and Diversity Action Committee for local academic senates and colleges to use in beginning action on developing a cultural humility plan. The tool includes links to resources to use in the development of a local plan and also for self-reflection as individuals.
ASCCC OERI (Open Educational Resources Initiative) IDEA Framework: Developed by the ASCCC Open Education Resources Initiative to assist faculty in assessing instructional materials for equity, inclusiveness, diversity, and anti-racism.
DACA & Undocumented Students Resources: ASCCC landing page for resources; includes a link to Chancellor’s Office Undocumented Students webpage.
Part-Time Faculty Nexus: Resources for & by part-time faculty, compiled by ASCCC Part-Time Faculty Committee.
ASCCC Liaisons: Information about recommended liaisons to be identified by local senates to assist in the dissemination of ASCCC information on selected topics including inclusion, diversity, equity, and anti-Racism (IDEA) liaisons; open education resources (OER) liaisons; career technical education (CTE) liaisons; noncredit liaisons; guided pathway liaisons, and legislative liaisons. Includes a link to sign up for liaison listservs.
ASCCC IDEAA-Related Publications
- Going Beyond Development: Faculty Professional Learning – An Academic Senate Obligation to Promote Equity-Minded Practices that Improve Instruction and Student Success (Paper, 2021)
- Anti-Racism Education in California Community Colleges: Acknowledging Historical Context and Advancing Effective Anti-Racism Practices for Faculty Professional Development (Paper, 2020)
- Equity-Driven Systems: Student Equity and Achievement in the California Community Colleges (Paper, 2019)
- How to Start Anti-racism Work at a Colorblind Institution (Rostrum, April 2020)
- Rostrum-Black Voices and Perspectives (Summer 2020) 18 Articles
- Decolonizing Your Syllabus, an Anti-Racist Guide for Your College (Rostrum, Nov 2020)
- Our Obligation to Equitable Hiring Practices: A Partnership Approach to Ensuring an Equity-Minded Selection and Recommendation Process (Rostrum, Nov 2020)
- Anti-Racism and Guided Pathways Implementation (Rostrum, Nov 2020)
- Academic Freedom and Equity (Rostrum, Nov 2020)
- Moving the Needle: Equity, Cultural Responsiveness, and Anti-Racism in the Course Outline of Record (Rostrum, Nov 2021)
- Answering the Call to Action: Racial Equity, Reckoning, and Academic Accountability Since the Murder of George Floyd (Rostrum, May 2022, 12 articles: follow-up to Summer 2020 Rostrum)
Chancellor’s Office Resources
- CCCCO DEIA (Diversity, Equality, Inclusion and Accessibility) Webpage
- CCCCO Vision For Success Core Goals and Commitments
- CCCCO Best Practices EEO/Diversity Practices Handbook
Student Community Resources
- Rising Scholars Network Resources
- Puente Project
- Supporting Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Students
- Silence Is Violence: Unpacking and Addressing Anti-AAPI Violence
- Student Senate For California Community Colleges (SSCCC)
- SSCCC Diversity Statement
- SSCCC DEI Committee
- SSCCC Anti-Racism Plan of Action (2020 and 2022)