The Academic Senate for California Community Colleges (ASCCC) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the Hayward Award for “Excellence in Education.” Sponsored annually by the Foundation for California Community Colleges, this award honors community college full-time and part-time faculty who demonstrate the highest level of commitment to their students, college, and profession. Award recipients, nominated by their college academic senate and selected by representatives of the ASCCC must have a record of outstanding performance of professional activities, as well as a record of active participation on campus.
- Each local academic senate may nominate one full- and part- time faculty member; however there can only be one honoree from each college.
- All faculty, classroom and non-classroom, are eligible for consideration.
- Previous nominees who did not receive the award may be re-nominated.
- Up to four recipients (two full-time and two part-time faculty) may be chosen and honored at the Board of Governors meeting in March.
- Completed online applications must be received by the ASCCC Office by 11:59 p.m. on December 10, 2023.
2023 Hayward Award Winners
Kenneth Chaiprasert, Political Science, East Los Angeles College
Tamara Cheshire, Ethnic Studies, Folsom Lake College
Angeli Francois, English, College of the Canyons
Jane Le Skaife, Sociology, Sierra College