The California Community Colleges Math and Quantitative Reasoning Task Force (MQRTF) was formed in partnership with the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges (ASCCC), California Mathematics Council of Community Colleges (CMC3) and California Mathematics Council of Community Colleges-South (CMC3-South) to:
- Research the various and diverse perspectives on appropriate content for math/quantitative reasoning education for non-STEM majors;
- Develop recommendations on math and quantitative reasoning standards for non-STEM majors;
- Develop a plan for how to provide opportunities for more students to consider STEM fields (since the United States is producing fewer and fewer STEM graduates, especially in groups that are disproportionately impacted);
- Provide a report to the ASCCC, CMC3, and others, such as the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office and Board of Governors, to consider that includes the research results and recommendations; and
- Request a response from ASCCC, CMC3, and other stakeholders.
Task Force members are appointed by their organizations.
September 10, 2018 - ConferZoom
September 22, 2018 - San Diego Mesa College, 10:00 am-3:00 pm
November 9, 2017 - AMATYC Conference San Diego, 1:30 pm-3:00 pm
December 14, 2017 - CCC Confer, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
January 8, 2018 - Los Rios Community College District, 10:00 am-3:00 pm
February 10, 2018 - San Diego Mesa College, 10:00 am-3:00 pm
May 30, 2018 - Woodland Community College, 10:00 am-3:00 pm