The California Community Colleges Math and Quantitative Reasoning Task Force (MQRTF) was formed in partnership with the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges (ASCCC), California Mathematics Council of Community Colleges (CMC3) and California Mathematics Council of Community Colleges-South (CMC3-South) to:
- Research the various and diverse perspectives on appropriate content for math/quantitative reasoning education for non-STEM majors;
- Develop recommendations on math and quantitative reasoning standards for non-STEM majors;
- Develop a plan for how to provide opportunities for more students to consider STEM fields (since the United States is producing fewer and fewer STEM graduates, especially in groups that are disproportionately impacted);
- Provide a report to the ASCCC, CMC3, and others, such as the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office and Board of Governors, to consider that includes the research results and recommendations; and
- Request a response from ASCCC, CMC3, and other stakeholders.
Task Force members are appointed by their organizations.
Math and Quantitative Reasoning Task Force Documents:
- MQRTF Recommendations
- Pre-transfer C-ID Descriptors can be found on the following link with the AB 705 Resources at the C-ID website (c-id.net)
- MQRTF Report and Recommendations - Fall 2018