The Standards and Practices (S&P) Committee is a standing committee within the Executive Committee composed of an Executive member Chair and California Community colleges faculty. The Committee is devoted to promoting the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges' mission through oversight of practices, procedures, and policies. The Standards and Practices Committee charge is to review, act on, and monitor various activities as assigned by the President or the Executive Committee of the Academic Senate.
The Standards and Practices Committee is committed to:
- Conducting the Disciplines List revision process.
- Analyzing and reviewing suggested changes in Executive Committee policies, Academic Senate Bylaws, and Rules; administering designated statewide faculty awards presented by the Board of Governors and the Academic Senate.
- Reviewing and recommending revisions to all processes under Academic Senate purview identified as priorities.
- Providing professional guidance and technical assistance regarding faculty minimum qualifications and equivalence to the minimum qualifications.
- Embedding inclusion, diversity, equity, antiracism and accessibility practices into the organization culture through policies and practices.
Fall 2022 Meetings via Zoom
Sept 26, 2022 2:00pm-3:30pm
October 10, 2022 2:00pm-3:30pm
November 16, 2022 1:00pm-2:30pm
December 14, 2022 1:00pm-2:30pm
Spring 2023 Meetings via Zoom
January 26, 2023 1:00pm-2:30pm
February 23, 2023 1:00pm-2:30pm
March 23, 2023 1:00pm-2:30pm
April 27, 2023 1:00pm-2:30pm
May 25, 2023 1:00pm-2:30pm
The Standards and Practices Committee is responsible for tasks associated with ASCCC Executive Committee Policies, Diciplines List, and Academic Senate Awards.