In Spring 2018, the delegates to the plenary session adopted an organizational strategic plan for the ASCCC for 2018-2023. Resolution 1.01 S18, stated
Whereas, Strategic planning is an important activity for any successful organization, as this activity provides clear direction and stability and ensures that the organization’s leadership is responsive to its members;
Whereas, The initial draft of the strategic plan for the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges (ASCCC) was created by the elected representatives of the ASCCC, the Executive Committee, with careful thought regarding the organization’s mission and purpose as well as consideration of the ASCCC Executive Committee members’ perceptions of the wishes of faculty statewide and with attention to the future health and growth of the ASCCC; and
Whereas, The current Strategic Plan of the ASCCC expires in 2018;
Resolved, That the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges adopt the 2018-2023 ASCCC Strategic Plan.
This plan has the following goals:
1) Assert the faculty voice and leadership in local, state, and national policy conversations
2) Engage and empower diverse groups of faculty at all levels of state and local leadership
3) Assert ASCCC leadership in all faculty professional development for the California Community College system regarding academic and professional matters
4) Enhance engagement, communication, and partnerships with local senates and system partners, and other constituent groups
5) Secure resources to sustain and support the mission and the work of the ASCCC
6) Sustain, support, and expand the ASCCC Course Identification Numbering System (C-ID)
View the adopted Strategic Plan.