The Senate Office updated information to designate Karolyn as Senator Emerita with all the privileges granted to her including free fall and spring plenary registration and Rostrum publications.
Whereas, The Bylaws of the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges include procedures and criteria for conferring the status of senator emeritus on individuals; and
Whereas, Karolyn Hanna has satisfied those requirements as a retired faculty member of the California Community College System who has completed the required five (5) years of significant service to the Academic Senate:
- Member of Standards and Practices Committee, 2002-2004;
- Member of Educational Policies Committee, 2004-2006, 2008-2009;
- Author of numerous Rostrum articles and resolutions;
- Participant in the nursing discipline under IMPAC;
- Participant on the Senate’s Nursing Ad Hoc Committee 2004-2005 which resulted in a paper (The Status of Nursing in the California Community Colleges);
- Participant on a second Senate paper -- Enrollment Management Revisited;
- As a member of the two committees above, a participant in a number of presentations on behalf of the Senate;
- Hayward Award winner, 1994;
- A colleague, who, in the words of Academic Senate Executive Director Julie Adams, “was also one of our ‘go to persons’ regarding anything nursing”;
Resolved, That the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges recognize Karolyn Hanna’s extraordinary and distinguished service by awarding her the status of senator emeritus with all rights and privileges thereof; and
Resolved, That the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges convey to Karolyn Hanna its heartfelt congratulations during her retirement and wish her and her family every happiness in the years to come.
MSA Disposition: Local Senates